1. About me
Discussion: Turn and Tell 😀 (sorry!) Introductions
- story of how happycampergirl and I met and made Kinderchat
- where I am now vs where I was, 3 years of rapid growth
- why and how this has been hard, awesome and fun- engagement
- between two worlds: virtual and f2f
Reflection: Where am I now in my teaching journey? Frustrated? Excited? Just going through the motions? It’s ok! Accept where you are!
2. Professional development and the structure of the environment
- sit and listen, one time delivery, speaker vs audience (direct instruction vs active engagement in the classroom)
- outcomes vs engagement
What do the physical structures in my classroom say? How much time do you spend in direct instruction? What centers are in your room? What challenges are you facing in your professional learning?
3. Networks and the Shifting Technology of Cooperation
- ebay, wikipedia, shifting technologies that foster cooperation
- link to mindomo tech map
- critical importance of fluid thinking, creativity and curiosity
- literacy of cooperation (aka Everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten) 😀
What is the role of Play in your room? How does play help develop the skills children need for the future? How do you keep play vital and enriched in your room? What is the current “big hit” in your room?
4. Advantages of Network in the Classroom
- Early Childhood Blog Directory jump into classrooms
- Play Project mindomo
- twitter account link
- Job chart and Morning Meeting (in development)
- Digital Day: Learning in isolation
What are some of the barriers or successes in your school? Do you have a sharing community? Talk about the “plight of isolation” those working w children often face. How many of you work in teams? Frustrations and successes of those teams? How is your current professional network shaping you?
5. Advantages of Network: Effects on the Professional
- Todays testing culture and the antidote: Reggio and their response to fascism (not to freak you out :D)
- Networks shape us as professionals
- Kinderchat Info
Open floor and cocktail questions 😀